**My very, very good friend, Sephanie, took me to a B & B two weeks ago this Monday (thanks to: Mom for taking the kids, Steph for taking me and Ben for letting me escape!). It's called Dream Giver's Inn. So beautiful. Breakfast was great!!! Creme Brulee French toast (severed with merrionberry or maple syrup), fresh fruit salad, sausage, coffee and juice. I enjoyed the french toast so much, our host gave me the recipe. I made it in Sisters and everyone loved it. VERY easy. VERY good.
Creme Brulee French Toast.
1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 c. packed b. sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
8-9 in. round loaf french bread
5 lg. eggs
1 1/2 c. half and half
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (I didn't use this because I didn't have it!)
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1)Melt butter, sugar and corn s. in a pan over moderate heat, stirring until smooth. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Cut bread into 1 in. slices. Arrange bread slices in one layer in baking dish (do not use end pieces) squeezing and pushing them to fit.
2)Whisk together eggs, 1/2 & 1/2, vanilla, Grand Marnier and salt until combines well. Pour evenly over bread. Chill bread mixture, covered, at least 8 hours but up to one day.
3)Preheat oven to 350 and bring bread to room temp.
4)Bake bread mixture, uncovered and in the middle of oven, for 35-40 minutes or until puffy and edges are golden brown. Serve immediately!
**Our kids love playing board games as a family. While we were playing Life this past Wednesday, Joey needed to use the facilities =D He started to walk toward the hallway (mind you it is about 20 feet from where we all were) and said he needed a buddy because he was scared. I told him we were all close to him and to just go. He starts crying. He's getting hysterical and I tell him to come get a hug. We recite Psalm 23 as he turns on all the lights and accomplishes his task! Way to go Joe! A couple minutes after we resume playing Sam presented Joe with this certificate. Awwwwh. My heart it full.
**Essy l.o.v.e.s animals. All animals are her friends. She's currently going to use her savings for a pet (even though we can't have a pet in our rental and it'll be about 4.5 years until we buy our own house.....). This photo was taken today with her Aunt Nesa's (Ben's sister) dog, Lacy. Directly before I took this photo Ben told me he could see Sis expressively (hand gestures and all) carrying on a conversation with the pooch. She then leaned over to hug her. *sigh* What a girl!
**While on vacation I ran the street twice. Once about 1.5 miles and the other 2 (I've never accomplished that many street miles). But Ben, amazing Ben, ran e-i-g-h-t and Dean (Ben's dad) ran TEN! Way to go guys!
Today (drum roll please!) I ran 2 miles on the mill. First mile: incline 1.5 and speed 5.6. Second mile: incline 1 and speed 5.5. I'm working my way back!
1 comment:
Yeah! Love ALL these stories. Thanks for sharing and I love french toast. My favorite!
Post a Comment