Oh, where to begin? Weeeell. We were all doing fine, great really. Ben has been going to class every Monday and Wednesday night. The kids are involved with church and, of course, school. I have been attending college full-time this term. We are also looking to purchase a new car and sell our old Honda (I use the term "we" very loosely here as Babe is the one who is accomplishing this for us).
I have class every Tuesday and Thursday and I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I woke up Thursday feeling under the weather and that feeling just continued to worsen as the day wore on. I checked on the kids and was on my way back upstairs when it "clicked". I was having a hard time pulling my right leg up to the next stair. Huuuh. It's almost like I had overworked my abs on just the right side. But I only had run 4 miles the previous day so I knew that wasn't it. The only other thing I could think of was.....appendicitis. But I was supposed to vomit with that right? Or at least be nauseous. I wasn't. I laid on the bed and pushed my lower, right abdomen. Wowzers. Yup, that hurt. When Ben got home he didn't even ask, he just helped me down the stairs and took me to the Immediate Care up the street. After 20min there they urgently requested that we go to the ER for an appendectomy.
By 12.30pm that next day (Friday 2/11/11) I was in recovery from surgery and by 6pm HOME! YAY! Modern medicine has it's perks. My entire operation was only 28min. Katie, my recovery nurse, said the speed was due to my "small body" and the enlarged organ. Nice.
Today is Monday and I am dressed and wearing a little make-up. I have been off pain meds since Saturday afternoon and I almost feel myself again! Now, back to life!....and homework!
Hopefully minus anymore surgeries.....
3 comments:
UGH! How horrible, my friend! I'm SO glad you're feeling a little better now! Do you need a meal or anything? I'd be happy to! :-)
Hallelujah! God is good! : )
You really are superwoman. It's official.
Post a Comment