Friday, October 2, 2009

The funny things

I've been trying to really listen to the kids lately. Here are a few funny/cutesy things I've been told or overheard:

Sam-"Have you (Dad) ever read Calvin and Hoobs?"

Es-While we were all singing Home on the Range she stopped and said "Oh. I thought it was 'where the deer and the cantelope played!'"

Joey-While waiting for our movie, Up, to start (it was darker inside the theater), he looked back at Ben and I with a twinkle in his eye and said "This is so romantic!" He was smiling his HUGE smile.

Es-We've been listening to Anne of Green Gables on c-d while driving to school and back. The kids LOVE it and so do I. On the way home she asked "I was wondering. Could I fix your hair tomorrow before you leave (to a Women's retreat)?" She later told me that she wanted to do a bun. Why? Because I have available hair and 'cause of Anne! It'd be too hard for her to do her own.

Zach-While waiting for him to exit the bathroom Ben said "What are you doing Dude?" With disappointment in his voice and down cast eyes he responded "I was killing the fruit flies." I walked over and saw the hilarity. Zachy had been using our spray air freshener to 'kill' the flies.....on the mirror no less. As we were admonishing him never, ever to do that again he was walking up the stairs and we were snickering.

Sam-While at a play ground with a very tall structure he said "I'm getting rid of my fear of heights." He then proceeded to climb, only part way and well below the Twins, up the structure. He ended up touching one of the Twins' shoes.

Ain't life grand? Why, yes. Yes it is.

3 comments:

Danielle Grant said...

This is so cute! Kids say the darndest things.

Vonny said...

What did we ever do before we had kids! We'd never have much to talk about, that's for sure! I love it! : )

Heather Elizabeth said...

That play structure is the bomb. But I couldn't trust Boston near that, at least not yet ;)