I got a call from the kids school the other day. I missed it and had to listen to a message. "Zach's feelin' puky, please pick him up." Ugggg. Then I get a call from Ben saying the school had already called him and Joe was feeling sick as well. Double uggg (hey, they are TWINS! Double everything....right?).
I run out the door (with plastic bags just in case they get sick in Penny). I'm leaving about an hour before need to pick all the kids up and I'm thinking "If they're bad sick ....how am I gonna get the other kids back home?" I make a few calls and finally pull into the school lot and walk into the office.
Both boys are sitting....waiting. Z doesn't look great but Joe looks weird. I ask them both whats wrong. Z says he doesn't feel good. I ask J why he's there. "Uuuum. I was puky too???" I asked "Did you feel sympathy for Zach?" The reply was affirmative. Poor Joey Twin felt bad for Zach Twin. I sent Joe back to class after feeling his forehead. Then Z and I walked to Penny to wait for the others (he hadn't gotten sick and was feeling better).
He is very chipper and is all smiles. Hmmm. He's not acting sick. I take him back to class. =D
As I walk around the corner to speak with their teacher I see Joe bawling at his desk. I rush over. "Whats wrong?" "I don't know." I ask him if he feels sick (the classroom would be a great place to get sick). Nope. I go back to the teacher and tell her I'm taking both boys cause they're just acting strange. The she asked a great question. "Do you think he has separation anxiety?" "No way", I said. So I thought.
So, now I've got both boys and am headed back to Penny and I ask Joe what was wrong again. "I was sad Zach wasn't there. I was sad." Awwww.
Not a reason to miss class though. I hugged him and took him back to class. He cried. His heart was broken. He missed his Twin. Bother. What a roller coaster.
When school let out I went to Joe and hugged him. He started to cry again. He wasn't o.k. until he was seated beside his Bud in the truck.
When I was telling my Mom about it she suggested a great idea. Baby steps.
No, they won't be able to always do the same things or be in the same class forever. But I can help them to acclimate. We'll be planning some activities away from the other.
Hopefully, slowly, they will get used to being apart.
Poor Babies!
4 comments:
That is so sweet! I wonder what it feels like to be a twin. What an amazing bond.
I'm still thinking they will gradually just grow out of it, too. If it had been some other reason Joey had to be left, he might have handled it better. But with Zachy also feeling sick, Joey was feeling sympathy for that already. I'm wondering if one or the other of them has to leave the classroom for something else for a short while, if that would work for Joey. Not sure what situation that might be. I do know you've got the teacher's full support! Love you, Mom : )
You know, Bryce and Jayden are not twins, but they act a lot like this too...just this morning, they had the option of coming with me somewhere and Bryce decided not to. Jayden wanted to but at the last minute decided that he'd rather be with Bryce. I can only imagine what the girls are going to be like...they're 2 but they already don't like being apart.
This is so sweet and understandable! Good idea on baby steps :-)
Post a Comment