We are only here for a moment. If I had a penny for every time this week I've caught myself thinking that....
Two, very young, parents I know died last week. Totally separate tragedies, but both left hundreds of family and friends behind. Both were total shocks. One was a wonderful Dad that left his wife and three young daughters and the other, a wonderful Mom that left her husband and two young daughters.
Life is sucky sometimes. I just kept thinking "Crap. This sucks." and I'm not related to either person. Their family's pain is deeper. Papa help. Help these families. My heart is hurting for them.
I've been shaken. I wasn't holding this life as dear as I should have been. Not snuggling as much as I should have. Too much...."Hurry up. Move it! Get going." Not enough stopping and smelling the flowers.
Live today like it's your last one on earth. Forgive that person that you've been holding a grudge toward. Hug that person again. Sing that song. Run that extra mile. Don't give in to that terrible thought. Love deep. Be careful what you say. Laugh. Turn off the t.v.....after all, that show won't matter on the other side. Dance, this could be the last time we have the chance.
My prayer for the families....
Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
5 comments:
Katy your last two posts are so powerful. I was bawling when I read the 'dessert' one, and meant to leave a comment and got distracted.... Today I was wondering the same thing, "God how did this happen, how did I screw up my child so much?" I am so hard on her - she is the oldest and I expect so much. What a sweet, sweet memory of loving Es and reinforcing the truth of how precious she is. Thank you for sharing.
Life is so precious. Thank you for the reminder. Love you.
Love this. Thank you for the reminder.
And yes, It sucks.
Great post Katy. Love it. ...R...
Go deep, it touches many! Love you, Mom : )
Thanks Katy. LOVE this verse, super powerful.
Post a Comment