As you may have read in previous posts, we've made some hard financial decisions this past year. (If you haven't read, yet are curious, click.)
Our rent is due the first of the month. We pay earlier due to Ben's pay schedule and instead of mailing it, our landlords p/u the check (they're mail had been getting lost). I called the beginning of the week to let them know the check was ready. No call back, no picky-upy-the-checky. "Odd" thinks I. I called them again tonight and the wife came by to pick it up. As we were talking about her family and baby (9 mo.....do I even remember those days???) we started rabbit trailing in our conversation and I learned something that made me feel small.
She started talking about how they were Christians and how they'd prayed about us before they agreed to rent to us (Our credit was REALLY screwed up and if I were a landlord I wouldn't have rented to anyone who had a credit history as we did!). She said that God had directed them to rent to us (obvious I know). I almost started to cry. I was amazed. That God would take time out of his busy schedule and place us here, safe and cared for and for a great price. That he had orchestrated all the events to fall into place at just the right time. Maybe it should have made me feel proud. But it humbled me. BIG time. But for God. Where would we be without Him?
With my heart, thank you Papa.
7 comments:
These are some of my very favorite life moments when all of a sudden you get a glimpse of how much God truly cares for you and is working out even the smallest details of you life for the good. Awesome isn't it?!
Jesus, thank You for your wonderful body of believers that choose to believe You, and not look at circumstances! It's wonderful to see the hand of God. He's always working, but we sometimes don't get to see the results! Love you, Mom : )
FANTASTIC POST :) ...r...
Katy-
I almost cried! I am so glad you shared this "small" post...love you!
Thank you for encouraging me with this story the other day. God is so good!
God is so good....all the time. Love that God truly cares about the details of our life.
Thank you SO much for dinner tonight. Super yummy and ice cream is always a winner with us :-)
Post a Comment