Friday, January 4, 2008

The Curl Experiment

Thanks for all the curl advice. I've decided to just try all the different advice given and some more ideas of my own. This is now what Essy and I call...dun, dun, dun... "The Curl Experiment" (imagine that the last sentence was spoken in an echoy sort of voice).

I told her this morning that we are like scientists trying to discover the way her hair works and the way the curls work with her hair. We know the way it won't work, (or at least the way we don't like it to work) so we're actually closer to the way it will work. She loved that analogy. Mark my words......she'll be a scientist someday. She LOVES experiments especially when they pertain to girly stuff.

Here are the latest results from our experiment. We used medium-large hot rollers this morning.

Is it just me.....are is my little Essy looking more like a 'tween? *sigh*sniff*

-update- these curls just don't last:( It looked great for a half hour, but now 2 hours later....there is little evidence there were curls at all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very cute...sorry it didn't last. Oh yeah and on the last post...congrats on the library cards!!! - Tina

Ally said...

What if you spray her hair with hairspray before you put the rollers in? That's what I have to do with my hair, and then I just lightly comb through with my fingers, and spray a bit more. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi, You could try a light mousse. It may just give the hold she needs. Of course, watch out for the rain!!!! This looks cute tho! Yes, I'm thinking a tween would be it! : )

Ginger said...

I say, ask Anna L. Did you see their family Christmas picture on her blog? Those curls are to die for! Good luck!

Allison McKenney said...

Katy-
Yes, Esther IS looking like a 'tween! Seems like it was just a year ago that I went to your shower...okay...moving on...

Was her hair squeaky clean? I've heard that sometimes dirty hair holds a curl better. ?

Next time you take her in to get her haircut, ask about the curls!

xoxoxo-Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh! How nice hair and such a cute girl! I'll show this experiment to my daughter Laurita!. I'm a Colombian mommy that wish to be less lazy and create a funny blog like this one for my entire family. Thanks from Cali, the salsa city! julietaramirez@hotmail.com

Heather Elizabeth said...

At least I am not the ONLY one that can't keep a curl. Esther you are beautiful!