You got that right. I'm an early to bed, early to rise kinda girl! Yet I had to post one thing.
This past school year we, with lots of prayer and God guidance, decided to educate our children at home. I was scared, to be honest. I decided to go with the same curriculum that their private school was using. I was not in the mood to take the time and make a tailored fit study for each individual child, so I just used the same curriculum for all subjects and all ages. Simplify right?
Well, through the year of teaching and learning (I'm referring to my learning here not the kids') I realized that this straight across approach wasn't working or benefiting the kids and it was making me frustrated. So, I mixed and matched for Es and Sam. BOY! Let me tell ya it made SUCH a difference. The kids are done sooner and they had fewer problems and better attitudes throughout the whole school time today. YIPPEE!
This is a complete answer of prayer for me, probably for the kids too! God is so good. He is always good. Thanks Lord.
5 comments:
You guys have already started school? Wow! I am so impressed at your homeschooling all your kids..I wish I could do it..I don't have the patience/time/motivation/determination...
Helllllo!?!?! Kristi, don't you, like, have THREE babies in diapers or something? The reason we didn't home school earlier was for the simple fact that Zach and Joe just needed too much of me. I can imagine how our school time would have been like two years ago.....NONEXISTANT! You do what you can and pray about the rest:) Love ya.
Katy, you've been tagged..read my blog!
Katy, How do I add someone to my blog page thingy?? HELLLLP?? =]]
<33
Hey Girl, I'm excited you have found the materials that fit each of you. I'm also blessed to have so many of my grandchildren enjoying home schooling. To me it was the best of the best. You are doing a great job, and it reflects in your children! Love you, Mom : )
Post a Comment