Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer classes are the easy bit

When I began this whole pursuit-of-a-degree thing I knew it would be difficult. However, I am certain I thought it would be easier than it has been. I began with a single class Sep. 2009. Then increased to 8 credits for both Winter and Spring 2010. I took MTH 95 that Summer and vowed never to take summer classes again. Continuing on, Fall 2010 was my first time FULL time term which continued with Winter 2011. During Spring and Summer 2011 I took a break to work full time and save for our house. I registered for full time Fall classes the day after singing papers on our home. Fall 2011 (Dean's list), Winter (Presidents list) and Spring (anticipating Presidents list as only two classes have posted final grades as of today) 2012 have all been full time. Because of this, I will be walking at commencement Spring 2013 (graduating Sep. with two Associate degrees), and transferring to PSU to begin the Fall 2013 there.

It would seem to some that the most difficult part is past. Uhhh, I feel differently. Though some challenges have dissipated, new challenges have taken the place of the old ones. For instance, as the kids have become older the home life has become less physically intense. This is great! Yet, since Ben is also in school and working full-time there are more issues with our schedule. Add this to the fact that my classes are increasing in complexity and difficulty and availability....and we have intense brain mapping going on ovah heeeer.

Fall scheduling attempts


The schedule of classes I need to take to
 be d.o.n.e. at PCC.


PSU's pre-requ's




This summer I will be taking MTH 111 and Geology 207 (I know! I vowed to avoid this, but I want my degree more than comfort). This Fall begins the intense push to the end. Fall 2012 to Spring 2013 I will be taking 14 credits each term that all include at least two labs in each term. This creates issues with scheduling. I am SO thankful the college posts the term schedule two weeks before registration! I need all those days to tweak the hours to match the plan. I KNOW it will all work out.

So, CHEERS to an easy, breezy Summer term and an uneventful Fall one!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20


No comments: