I bet you have been thinking that I would just throw in the blogging towel, haven't you? NO WAY! Let me see, where to begin.....
Ben and I were able to take a week off the end of June for a little stay-cation. It was awesome! Be barbecued and read our books in the yard. We also offered on a house. With that came the roller coaster of waiting, paper work, not hearing anything and....waiting more. We are still in the midst of this event and are hoping for a soon coming close. I've learned that you can't take hope or dreams to the bank.
The kids have been keeping busy with friends, sleep overs and our county's summer read program. They have been spending every Wednesday at my folks' place. As I work M-F this is a nice reprieve for them. My dad has been giving them guitar lessons (just the older two). The kids are required to practice, write stories and have a craft time week days. My hopes were that their penmanship would improve over the summer.....we'll see. They are all hard workers and I am proud of them!
We have a final vacation set for the end of this month and then, BAM, summer break will be over. School supplies will be purchased and middle schoolers sent off. Gosh. I.AM.OLD. ;-) A seventh, a sixth and two fourth graders this year. WHAT?! Yup.
I will hopefully be able to post exciting news soon. It's scary to hope at times.
How has your summer been thus far?
No comments:
Post a Comment