Monday, May 2, 2011

...questions...

Yesterday we learned that Osama bin Laden was reported to have been killed. Honestly, I was shocked at first. I had forgotten his name. I thought that he had already evaporated into the abyss of my forgetfulness. Idiocy. He was apparently killed by special forces this past week-end and buried at sea.

This alone is not the purpose of this post. The above information has cause many questions to ignite in my soul. Such as....if we are all created in the image of God and "knit together in a secret place" then how can we rejoice or "justify" the murder of another? What is this all really about? Is killing ever "okay"....

My mothers heart is breaking for all who have been lost. The enemies and the victims. Some would view this tenderness as a weakness that the "enemy" could use against me. LOVE.CONQUERS.ALL.

The.end.

2 comments:

Brigit said...

We will have to agree to disagree on this point. I'm sorry that this man was taken from Earth before he came to know the saving Grace of Christ but I'm not sorry he is gone.

This is the man that lead the World Trade Center strikes killing over 3000 innocent people. Kids lost a parent, parents lost kids, etc. He is also responsible for many, many other terrorist attacks killing thousands of totally innocent people.

I guess for me it's the difference between one murder and thousands. He could have surrendered and been taken alive. However, he chose to hide behind another innocent person.

There are many accounts in the Bible where God totally wiped out sinful nations. To leave this man alive would be wrong.
I wish I could agree but love does not conquer all.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Katy said...

**no spell check warning**

You are right. I do disagree with you due to the fact that your "opinion" contradicts God's Word.
Pre-Jesus God ALLOWED conquering and wars due to the fact that the Jew's were his only kids. They needed protection. When Jesus came he paved the way for all nations to be God's and thus the need for conquering was illiminated.
Jesus taugh to "turn your cheek" and to stop living by the "eye for and eye" rule. Apostle Paul encouraged Christians to help their Roman captors. He taught when a Roman soldier comanded you to carry all his gear for a mile that you should help for another mile. The Romans were horrible rulers. Yet, Paul encouraged LOVE.
These are just a few examples of how love can be used to conquer.
With that stated, do I think that we should condone terrorist actions? Nope. Yet, do I think we should hunt down and kill someone who hurt us all deelply? Nope.
This was not a defensive action due to the hunting down nature of it.
It's interesting how many details you had of this event. Almost as if you had been there. I am amazed that people accept "reports" as truth when we have no clue as to what really happened.
I cannot say, as you have, this is "just my opinion". My position has too many facts to back it up to be only opinion.