Sunday, July 5, 2009

Haven't

I know. Strange title. Fits with the author, though, doesn't it? *grin* It's okay, the kids tell me constantly that I'm weird. Just living' up to their expectations! =D

I have totally enjoyed summer vacation (and it's not even over yet)! TOTALLY! On the way to church today I was so thankful that I wasn't required to dive everyday. *ahhh* Nice. This is heaven to me. I was reminded of all the 'haven'ts' I've been thankful for.

I haven't:
1. Had to drive to school four-days-ah-week. Yea!
2. Made the kids lunch everyday (they make their own!).
3. Set my alarm even one day since school let out. Yes, I do get out'ta bed! But I get to 'sleep in' until 6.30. Oh.So.Nice!
4. Made dinner consistently. Ben loves to b-b-q and that's our staple during the summer.
5. Gone grocery shopping alone. The kids are a huge, Huge, HUGE help at Winco. They help me acquire the items and cut our time by 1/4. Thanks guys!
6. Missed driving.at.all. Although, it was weird to drive today. I hadn't driven since last Sunday. I better keep up on my driving or else I'm soon to forget....right? Or is it like riding a bike, you never forget?
7. Missed the kiddo's! I LOVE, almost, every aspect of them. =-]
8. Missed coffee one day.
9. Ran a marathon. Someday....maybe. ;)

Summer ROCKS! We were able to spend 5 nights in Eagle Crest and Ben was able to take 9 days off in the middle or our vacation. I don't think I have to convey what a treat that was. We are blessed!

I'll leave you with a question; Do children grow at a greater speed in the summer or does it just seem that way? I say they do. They eat more, they grow more.....right?

Picts of our vaca soon.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

It makes your grocery store time FASTER when you take your kids?? Good grief, taking mine make it about double the time. Well, no..let me re-think that. I might actually take more time when I'm alone because I'm browsing and enjoying my quiet time. But comparing apples to apples, it definitely would take longer for me to bring the kids.

Vonny said...

Ahhhh, sweet, sweet summer! Thanks again, so much for asking me to share a couple days with you in Eagle Crest! I totally enjoyed it. It just looks like they are growing more cuz you see more of their skin as in legs ... makes them seem like they're longer! Course they are growing. You should measure them and do an experiment during summer and then fall! : )

Heather Elizabeth said...

LOVE this post. I am so glad to see you enjoying your kids and vacation. Keep it up :)