For those interested.....another survey.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Heck no. We were planning on being married 3 years before trying.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yup.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was surprised. I had just been released form the hospital for a bad ovarian cyst. They told me they had done a blood pregnancy test that came back negative. And I was given meds that prego's shouldn't take.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? Just a baby.....20.
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Clear, Blue, Easy, or really....the Target equivalent.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Ben and I waited the 5 min. together in agony. I still remember. It was a Saturday night in our little apartment. We were so excited to spread the word we skipped church the next day. I ate a Burger King burger on the way to tell everyone. Strange the details I recall.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yup.
9. DUE DATE? June 14, 1999
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, didn't puck though. I still remember the ginger tea I drank to calm my rumbles.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Salad with Italian dressing and Ruffles.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Strangers asking if I was overdue at 8 months....or if I was expecting multiples. I sure felt pretty when that happened.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Hmmm. I've had so many now I've forgotten. A GIRL!!!
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Sadly, yes.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 40#'s. Uggg.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Not A baby shower. We were given THREE. Gotta love firsts!
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew with each of them.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? I was late. She was just too darn comfy.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Legacy Mt. Hood
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 38 flippen', puken' hours. And the last 2.5 were pushing. Glad not to relive that experience.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My Honey.
22. WHO WAS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GAVE BIRTH? Ben, Anna, my Doc and a student nursing class. Ignorance is bliss.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Nothing about it was natural but it was vaginal.
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yup. Bring it on!
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 LB's 4 oz.
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? June 18, 1999
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Esther Joy
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 9.5. Hummm....that can't be right. Oh wait, YES IT IS! I.cannot.believe.it.
And there you have it. Nothing like the first.
5 comments:
Are you allowed to use the word vaginal?
Silly girl!
Aren't you glad it is over?
Oh yeah. Nothing like FINALLY holding that precious child. Mostly because it's over!
Awwww...thanks for sharing! I'll remember her b-day now because I associate that date with a date from my past. :)
Post a Comment