We are adding to our family and we are ecstatic! We are becoming a foster family!!!
We have two options for the certification classes. I'm hoping for the sooner rather than later one. Our hope is to adopt whatever child comes our way. Every child deserves a good, loving and stable home. Did you know that 60% of the children removed from dangerous family situations are placed in foster homes that are equally or more destructive? 60%!?!?! Poor Baby's. There just aren't stable families who are available to help.
Ben and I have been feeling God leading us in this direction for about a year. We wavered about a month ago (for all of two days) but since then really felt His leading. We've talked, in very specific detail, with the kids and they are all a go. We've talked about what will change and what won't. Our goal is to love and exhibit God's love to these dear, hurting babies without sacrificing our own family. Once we receive our first we will wait from 6 mo. to a year to add any more (that is if none have been reconciled). We have purposely chosen not to limit the number of kids we take in (in five years we may have double our number of kids!). We will take in whom God directs us. Period. Although we have limited age. We will not take in any child younger than our youngest (er....I meant older than our youngest!). We would not want to displace antibody's position in the family.
If everything goes with out incident, we will probably receive our first child by the end of March. That's one fast pregnancy!
If you think about us, will you please pray? This is a big deal. Most foster kids have hurting hearts that require lots of patience and care.
I will defiantly keep you posted!
3 comments:
That is so awesome, you guys! I'm really excited for you. Josh and I want to do just that at some point when our girls get a little older. Except I want babies. =)
I will definitely be praying for you guys. What an act of love and service. Love you all!
We will be praying!! Sounds exciting and challenging and a huge gift to a special child.
Post a Comment