Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Take a Step Back....

and sigh.

Watch those you love. Laugh. Listen. Drive without the radio/c-d/satellite/t.v. on. Dance in the rain. Kiss your Honey. Read that story. Play that game. Stay in instead of run around like a chicken with your head cut off. (They really do run around without their heads!)Eat chocolate (which, by the way, I've not eaten for *ahem* 13 days....boo-hoo!) . Cry. Be there for someone. Wear that swim suite even if you think you look horrible. (More than likely your the only one who thinks that.) Sing. Swear (when appropriate and while holding the kids' ears! =). Make someones day. Smile. Hug. LIVE.

These past few days have been a blur. So busy. I LOVE down time. But even when busy......think positive. Think honor and grace.

I've changed my morning routine. I've been trying to listen for God when I'm having devotions in the a.m. How often do we ask of Him or even thank him. Still, at best, even thanking and asking is a one sided conversation. LISTEN. It will change you. It did me in just two days.

Take time out and really live. How often are we running and not really thinking or loving those around us? Too much, at least as far as I can see in my own life.

Stop. Think. LIVE.

2 comments:

Heather Elizabeth said...

Love this post. And love the photo. Makes me want to be at the beach.

Anna Marie said...

Amen to that! Thanks sista!