Saturday, August 9, 2008

Meanderings

Isn't it sad that summer is almost over and school will soon reconvene? I don't feel like it's really even been summer.....at least not a HOT summer.
Amids all the summer stuff (sleepovers, summer school work, job hunting, vacation planning, playing=) I've switch up my work out and diet (diet referring to what one consumes). I stop eating when I think I'm full (even if I've only eaten three or four bites....I can come back to that food item if I get hungry again later) and I've increased my cardio. I lift weights three days a week and do cardio five. My w/o schedule is as follows :
Monday: lift weights to w/o legs and walk (treadmill at incline 3.5, speed 3.8) for about 30min.
Tuesday: lift to w/o arms and abs and use the elliptical for about 30 min. (15min reg., 10 min in reverse, 5 min cool down at incline 4-10 and resistance 7).
Wednesday: Tae-bo video.
Thursday: lift to w/o shoulders and back and use the elliptical (same as Tues.).
Friday:....OFF!
Saturday: run the street; .3 mi. warm up, 1.2 mi. run, .3 mi. cool down=1.8 mi. (I used the trip odometer to find out how far I was going.)
Sunday:...OFF!
With all that hard work and concentration.......I've lost 6 pounds in two months!!!! and I've lost a total of 10 inches from last August. This just proves that I cannot live by my feelings. I've felt 'bigger' this summer compared to last. It's also proves that sticking with change for a longer period of time WORKS!

Switching gears......we've got a few fun things to look forward to, yet, before school starts.

*We've been working consistently with the kids on their table etiquette. No elbows on table, chew with lips closed, proper holding of utensils, using a napkin....etc. They have worked SO hard that we've decided to give them a test. We going to a fancy dinner tonight! *the kids call it queen's and king's dinner because they get to get all fancy* Well see how it goes.....
*We're going to Sisters the end of the month with Ben's family! I.AM.SO.EXCITED. Four days+three nights=memories! I.CANNOT.WAIT.
*Today marks the last day in my twenty's. YEA!!!!! Thirties.....here.....I.....come!

Lastly, a fun survey.

1. My best friend is the best one I've had so far. She's honest and will give it to me the way it really is. Something that is lacking in today's society, unfortunately.
2. I love it when my hubby and I talk about our day and pray together in the morning over coffee.
3. My favorite movie is You've Got Mail because it's cute, funny and reminds me to really live life to the fullest, every second of the day.
4. I can't stand it when I've made plans and they get re-arranged for me =)
5. If I could have any job in the world it would be a children's pastor/coordinator.
6. Most weekends I SLEEP IN, clean and organize and watch toons with the kids.
7. Home-made, focaccia, bacon and goat cheese sandwiches tastes so good! (I'm hungry!)
8. Why does it take hair so long to grow?
9. I have lots of memories around the house.
10. Blogging satisfies my need for what a girl does best! Chatting!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey! Congrats on the weight loss! Good Job! I definitely hear you on the "feelings" thing...I still am struggling with how I feel vs. how I look. Most of the time I feel better..but not always and I have to remind myself that I am, in fact smaller than my mind tells me. Looking forward to Tuesday!

Brigit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Viki said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Katy! Hope you have a great year! Love Viki

p.s that deleted comment was from me but my mom was signed in. So it said it was from Brigit :) oops