Something happened in recent years though. I think it was about the time the Twins turned three. I no longer liked the beach. Sand in places that I'd rather not experience (or write about.....you get the idea though), COLD water and wind, the strange, sticky coating that seems to cover a person when they walk out the front door, the mess of the sand all over the vehicle or house; just to name a few. When asked to go to the beach, I usually make an excuse or just plain out say how I feel about it. The last time I was at the beach was with my Mom when we took the kids for the day two years ago.....until.....Tuesday.
A miracle happened. I was invited to the beach by my very, very, very, very, very (ahem....5 verys!) good friend, Stephanie. She needed a break and her mother-in-law had an errand there, so she sweetly asked me to go along. AHHHHHH! I was thinking......I don't like the beach Sam I Am. I do not like it here or there. I do not like it anywhere (except a TROPICAL, WARM beach!). So my initial instinct was to say "BUMMER! Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass." But I too, needed a break and was desperate to get out (even though I knew we'd spend about 4 hours in the car. That, to me, was better than being boring and staying home.) I went to the beach. It was FUN. I actually loved it (aside for the other two ladies getting car sick when we miss our turn off....oops! Sorry girls! It was almost, completely MY fault too). It was a little too windy for my taste (blow you down kind of wind) and it was chilly. I truly did enjoy myself in spite of it all.
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.....at the very least you can bribe them with ice cream, great company and a day off! Thanks Sue and Steph!

The last photo is of Sue rolling down an embankment. What a goose!
4 comments:
What beach did you go to? I agree with the messiness, chilliness, and windiness! I must have a love-hate relationship with my place of residence and am currently in a less-than loving phase.
Enjoy the valley :)
ASHLEY! We passed your house and I waved in your direction =) I wasn't wanting to bother you (wake up Ali). Ess. because of your tip. We wnet to Pasific City in Cloverdale. It really should be called Windydale or Windy City. I'll let you know the next time we're over (in advance!). Love!
Aw, you SHOULD have interrupted! But I understand...I feel the same way everytime we're in you[r] and everyone else's area.
Which, btw, we will be next week!
Great photos! It looks sunny there :-)
Post a Comment