Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Budding Musicians

Sam received an early birthday gift yesterday. He is so careful with his new violin! He's been so-o great about sharing it.
My Dad and I were talking about my kids yesterday. Each child has such potential. It's dumbfounding (and all together scary). What will this one be good at? Arts? Music? Literature? Science? Mathematics? And I'm not just talking about my kids either, but all kids (really all people).
I remember working at a day care (I was pregnant with Esther) and all the little guys were laying down for 'nap time' (I'm not sure why they called it that.....most never napped) and reality struck me. The room was full of all the potential of all the kids. I started to cry. They would change the world, for good or bad. They would impact their world and thus mine.

Whoah! I didn't mean to get so philosophical today. Talk about rambling!

Sam-7.99 years =D-------------------------Sis-9








-----
Joe-6.5----------------------------------------Zach 6.5

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pix! It will be much better when it's tuned! : )

Heather Elizabeth said...

Love these photos! I am amazed that they share so well.

Kristi said...

I don't think I realized that Sam and Bryce are only a few days apart! Well, maybe I did, but I forgot or something. I knew his birthday was close, but I didn't realize he was turning the same age! Too bad we didn't know each other then...we could have been prego buddies! What hospital was Sam born in?

Katy said...

We acctualy used a birth center in Tualatin. (I LOVED it and would have used it again....but we couldn't with the Twins.) His b-d is 7/6/00. Weird!

Kristi said...

Bryce is 7/13/00...exactly one week apart!