Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ahhhh. Simplicity.

I'm not a procrastinator.....unless we're speaking of ironing =0) (Since Ben is a salesman, he wears the nice, dressier shirts and I only iron them once a week. It ends up that there are about 5 of his shirts and three of the boys'. That, to me is procrastinating). ANYWAY......

I have been unable to, due to some business related stuff, organize and put away the past t-h-r-e-e years of papers. Uggg. This huge box of file folders found it's new home when we moved in. Of all places the......laundry room. (I needed them to be accessible and we had to store alot of boxes in the garage and this stuff was too important to loose).

So, for the past five months this box has been a fly on my nose. Bothersome, annoying and just plain in the way!!!

Today I showed that box who was boss. Her name is Katy, and she's kickin' you outta' heah!

The room went from this......


to this. (insert faerie, tinkling, harp music here.....bling, ting-a-ling).





When I was done I told Ben that I felt like I just vacuumed under the furniture. He didn't get it. Maybe I should have described it like......I felt like I had just showered after a week long, dusty camping trip.


Glorious. Splendid. Squeaky. Nothin' like it and I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!! I know how that feels when you tackle a thing you've been putting off! Love you, Ma : )

Anna Marie said...

Katy, It is such a great feeling to accomplish something that has been nagging at you. I had the same experience this week with our entryway shoe closet. Our ironing,however, now that is a different story. I have a small, no medium sized, mountain forming.

Heather Elizabeth said...

I get the vacuuming under the furniture! :-)