Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Waiting

There's a book, written by Dr. Seuss titled, Oh the Places You'll Go. It's all about the various seasons we go through. There is one section I can still remember reading as a teen (I did read more aggressive material when I was young but I read alot to the kids I babysat=). The waiting place. I can't remember all of what it said, but basically people waiting for; the phone to ring, the bus to come, the Doctor to see you, the mail to come....etc. (and I could add, waiting for the birth of a child.....you know who you are!)

I feel like I'm in that season. Waiting. Doing the dishes, laundry, making meals, reading to and playing with the kids.....performing all those activities with an underlying sense and anticipation for 'the next thing'. Waiting and anticipating the kids home for the summer (I've missed them!). Waiting for my (what I'm calling) corrective surgery. Waiting until the fall when I can start a full time job. Waiting to save (until I start that job) $$$ for a house. Waiting. Something that would seem so uneventful and easy as waiting takes alot of strength and patience. To put it plainly, waiting is hard work....for me at least.

Yet, in this often times dismal season, I do know there is hope!
Romans 8:28, 37-39 "28. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 37. No, in all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39. neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us form the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Ahhhhh. Blessed hope and peace!

Camera update: our camera's being fixed and will be back in our hands by next week! Just in time for Essy's baptism. YEA!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I LOVE that Dr. Seuss book! The first time I ever heard it was in Highschool and my cheerleading coach read it to us as weird as that sounds..the waiting place is indeed the hardest place to be. Doesn't it seem like you spend half your life waiting for something? I have a hard time waiting. I will keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

The only problem with waiting is what we make of it. We end up wishing our lives away in the now, waiting for the tomorrows to come when we get to do what we were waiting to do. But the present quickly evaporates into another now when we find ourselves waiting again! They who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength, they will mount up with wings as eagles. Lord help us gain strength as we wait! love you, Mom : )

Heather Elizabeth said...

Congrats on your camera! Great news! Character is definitely built while waiting. Hang in there :-)