A) We pray, pray and pray some more. Ben and I know that each child is a gift from God. He's just loaning them to us so we better do what His will is for them. This, in part, includes corporate schooling.
B) Obeying God's will :) Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." We believe part of the reason the public schools are in such poor spiritual shape is becasue the light of Christ has been removed via lack of christian kids as well as lack of christian parental involvment. How would our schools look if all the christian kids and parents bombarded them? Quite a change, I think.
C) We feel that eliminating our children from the public arena will not prepare them for this life(that is, once a good, godly foundation is set). Leaning to deal with people, that break rules or hurt our feelings or don't believe as we do, is a part of life. Making huge mistakes is also a part of life. Better my child make a gigantic mistake while still under my roof and more protected. It's better than being sheltered while under my roof and leaving the nest to make big mistakes being more vulnurable and less aware.
D) This Momma was a stressed out one! I felt like I was doing more harm than good. Oh yea, and getting a job and saving will be a perk too!
F)This particular charter school offers elective classes I could never afford. Spanish and chinese languages; wind and band music lessons; drama classes and plays to go with. Oh yeah....no cost to us for the lessons. *HUGE SMILE*
So, we'll do what God's will is, however that may look. I encourage you to do the same, no matter how it looks.
With that said.....here's my Boy on his way out the door to school. I haven't accualy let the tears fall, but they're there, just waiting to spill.

Ben showed me how to rotate photos.....but I couldn't do it! Sorry!
7 comments:
How will you work if Zach and Joey are not in school? Will you work full or part time?
Yes, that is the true delema....I'll be looking for something in the childcare area until they're in 1st grade. Then I'll get something form 8.30 to 3 or so.
Hi. I just read through some of your blogs because I immediately noticed you were a Christian wife! Although I look forward someday to being a Christian mom, right now I'm working on getting the Christian wife thing down. Just wanted to tell you that reading your blogs was an inspiration. I'm also a teacher. I always love seeing or hearing about Christian parents who are truly trying to raise their children to be Godly men and women. Thanks for being a light in this all to often dark world.
Katy you are such a good Momma. Hang in there. I am praying for you for strength and PEACE! Love you lots!
I applaud you guys and your being so intentional with your kids. It's so tough sending your babies out into the world, but you're right. They will be salt and light AND when they do come up against something, you are there to help them walk through it and to teach and train them. It doesn't make it any easier thought, Hang in there missy! Hugs!
I can't believe how grown up your kids are. You've raised them well and are sending them to school so well equipped :) Love you... R.
You're the best!
Post a Comment