*spell checker still checked out*
This is what life is full of, right? Oposites. Growth and stagnantsy, life and death, home and errands, big and little, mature and imature. It hurts at times though, these oposites.
Sadness; My coffee caraf was broken a few weeks back. Joy; I was able to replace it two days ago!
Sadness; We're moving into a rental in a few weeks. Joy; NO DEBT!
Sadness; Samuel starts school this Monday and will be gone for 7.5 hours (8am-3.30pm) every school day. Esther will soon follow. I seriously start to get all teary when I just think on this. I'm going to miss them!Joy; No longer home schooling the two oldest and able to be what I enjoy best....being MOMMA! (can you tell I yelled that?)and not being what I do not enjoy....an elementry teacher. In all acctuality, I'll still be their teacher, just not their school teacher:) Oh yea, more Joy; praying more strongly for them knowing that they will be tested more often. Knowing that they will stand firm in the foundation already esstablished. Joy and sadness together; watching them grow. *sighing with a teary voice*
Joy; Organizing our files for taxes and anticipating our refund! (silly side note here....I love office supply stores. Just walking into one quickens my puls. Psycho, I already know!) Sadness; acctualy using my time to file:)
I know most of us in America have never experienced trial and tribulation like the early Church but this passage comforts me none the less.
James 1:2-5 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops persevernace. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given him."
P.S. Zach and Joe will finish Kindy at home and start the charter school this fall. Oh, and about the last post, I forgot to mention that I'D NEVER BEEN TO THE SPACE NEEDLE BEFORE! SUPER FUN!
8 comments:
Homeschooling older kids is much better than little guys. Perhaps, in a few years, you will be able to bring them out of school and teach them again.
Oh, I love office supply stores also. I could spend a fortune there.
Even though I lived near Seattle for more than three years I've never been to the Space Needle. Good for you guys for going!
I'm not sure what God's will will be for the kids schooling for Jr and Sr high. Since we are the light of the world, I'm excited to let the kids shine for Jesus in a public place. What better place that public school?
This is what God has for us, I'm not saying that this is His will for everyone.
I haven't checked your blog for a few days and I enjoyed reading your mini trip! Sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on your new joys! Thank God for them!!
After working in the Newberg High School, I would be totally fearful of letting my kids go to Middle/High school. No matter how strong they are in their walk.
Btw, if you are going to be renting soon did you sell your house?
Praying for you guys Katy :) Xoxo, R.
Katy, I LOVE office supply stores too. I am the ordering person at my work, so I get to online shop for office supplies too! We're so funny!
Post a Comment