Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Deep Thoughts by Katy

Okay. I was participating in a discussion recently about blogs. The majority voiced that they felt less than perfect when reading others blogs. It was said that, for the most part, the posts are of fun or happy times or events and there is an assumption that this is just an all the time occurrence.
I've had this whole topic on the brain for about two weeks and I'm gonna try and explain my side.

Every body has bad days. From crazy hair to tired kids. For me these bad days are like hiccups. They eventually go away and I don't have them again for a while. With one exception: moving, home school and PMS. Yea, you got me. There were three exceptions!

Yet, my life, to me, is awesome. Because it's mine. No wonder it seems good, 'caus I'm the one living it and writing about it. Now, if you were living my life, you may not think it pretty at all. The view from the side lines are always gorgeous. You don't see the toilet cleanings, or the arguing kids or the oil changes with four hungry, worn out kids trying as hard as 8, 7 and 5 year 0lds can not to be whiny for 30 minutes all together in one vehicle:) No, this has never happened to me before. I just read about it. He, he, he!

Life can be crappy sometimes. But it's the roses that grow out of the dung that I try to focus on. (Dung not to be associated to husband or children:)

So, if my life starts to seem too perfect......join in! Come over and try to figure out (then explain and TEACH!) fourth grade Math to a girly girl who wants nothing more than to color or braid her Barbie's hair. Then you will realize there is more to this fairy tail. And you will start to understand why I contemplate sending this dear child out of my house to be schooled!

Oh yea, and I mess up....alot. I often am too firm when I should be gentle or gracious. I apologize quite a bit to the kids and Ben.

Funny thing, I actually think I do live in a fairy tail. But even in castles, someone has to clean the windows and take out the trash! Since I don't have servants....it's me (or I ask one of the kids to do it;)
This has been my verse for this year. We've had a very hard year but I've felt comforted by God through the following verses.

Isaiah 40:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

This just reminds me that I will fall and make mistakes. But there is always a loop hole. God.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is within us, to him be glory...." Ephesians 3:20+21

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Great post, Katy. I actually got a little teary..I feel the same about my life. I do live in a fairy tale castle, but I'm the one cleaning the windows and floors. =)

Ginger said...

Preach on SISTER!!! I couldn't have said it better. You are inspiring. Thank you for such a well-written and well thought out post!

All in the Family said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This was a great way to start my day today. I hope you don't mind. I started on Allison's page and started jumping from link to link and ended on yours. Jody

Tina McAdams said...

Katy, you are such an inspiration to me. You've got the fairy tale life because you live for the Prince of Peace and King of Kings. Keep it up princess, you're doing great and I appreciate your wisdom.

Heather Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you are in our family. Katy you are such a light. Love you!