Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Yea!

We've accomplished a whole year of academics via home school!!!!! (In all accuracy, Sis and Sam have just a few lessons of Arithmetic to finish.)
Sis will be in third grade next year. Sam already started third (Oops! I ment to say second grade!) grade, but he's got to finish the majority of it. And Zach and Joe started Kindy (They aren't required to start untill this comming fall. They were just ready for it.), so they just need to complete it.

I think we might just try and occasionally do some work, really lackadaisical, through the summer.

I'm proud of the kids! I think it was harder for them to get used to Teacher Mama (Grrrrrr! I was kinda pushy and grouchy at times.) than anything else.

To treat us, Ben's taking us out to dinner next week. I'd rather go someplace peaceful, but we'll probably go to a pizza/game place so the kids can enjoy the treat to the fullest!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaa! I'm sure they will just love the teacher they have for next year too! Way to go for sticking with the course and finishing this year, well, nearly! How about a beach trip? Soon! I'll pay for the gas~! Love you, Mom : )

Brigit said...

Congrats! Unfortunantly, since we moved four times last year, we will be working through the summer.

btw, what curriculum do you use?

Katy said...

I started laughing at your comment Brigit. Not because it was funny though.....I guess it was a laugh of releif (sp?) and happiness that you're settled. Yahoo!
My comment was getting LONG in regard to the cirriculum, so I'll e-mail ya.
Love, Katy

Heather Elizabeth said...

CONGRATS! Way to go Momma! You are such a blessing Katy. We love you LOTS!