I woke up today around 6 and started my devotions. Zachy was the first kid up, so we cuddled while I was reading and he was waking up. I happened to notice some mosquito bites on his face and forehead. We'd had the doors open alot over the week-end so this was no surprise. Then out comes Joe. He's got some on his face too. I start to think that this was one HUNGRY mosquito!
I finish up my Bible reading and really look at Joey (he had more bug bites on his face than Zach). They're on his neck too. At this point I start thinking it's no longer a mosquito but a spider. Yuck! I lift up his shirt and they are also on his tummy.........this must be a whole family of spiders feasting on poor Joey!!! I call Zach over and lift up his shirt as well. The same goes for him!!! As I'm about ready to evacuate the house and call an exterminator, I see a cluster of spots going up Joe's hairline in the back. Neither spiders nor mosquitoes like to feast in heavily haried areas.
The dots start connecting in my brain.......the fever........the swollen glands.......the cold symptoms........this is CHICKEN POX!!!!!!!
8 comments:
(looking around all guilty like) All I can say is.......SORRY! I'm sure that they caught it from Ben.
Hey, it's better they get in now! It's mild and will clear up in just a few days. No problem!
Too bad cod liver oil can't cure chicken pox! I'll have to remember that for the next time my kids are sick though.
Katy-
Seriously call me if you need anything! I cannot imagine being a mom to 4 chicken poxed kids. I am praying for strength :-)
Thankfully only Zach and Joe have the symptoms, and they aren't bad at all! They're just a little irratable.
I was just saying the other day how much of a home body I was......now I get to live my dream! I can't run errands!!!! I call you H. if I need anything....Anna offered as well...THANKS!
WOW...have you had chicken pox before? I'll be praying for your house!!
We thought my little neice had chicken pox this weekend too! Turns out it was flea bites from grandma's cat...grrr.
Oh, poor girl. Let's hope that the cat getts a nice, warm, flea bath! :)
Post a Comment