As I stated in a previous post, I've been involved in a Bible Study that, in a year, one reads through the entire Bible.
Today I was reading the 8th chapter of Esther. One particular section caught me. Queen Essy (have you seen the Veggie Tales version of Esther? ;) came twice to King Xerxes without being summoned. And twice he extended his golden scepter. Once, when she initially learned of the edict of death upon the Jews and second to ask for another edict to be written so the Jew's could defend themselves and their property.
Since I was a teen, Queen Es has been one of my heroes. So thus, I compare myself with her. I can see going to the king once and being spared, but the faith to go twice.....I'm not sure if I would have enough faith to do that.
As I was reading, I was amazed by her strength and faith in God (even though the word God never appears in the book of Esther). I felt like I would never measure up in that situation. Then just as fast (I believe the Lord reminded me) that no one knows what they can do in a situation until they're there. All I need to focus on is constantly being submitted to God and obeying His Word and will, and not worry about the rest!
Thanks for letting me ramble......the picture above in My Princess Essy fixing her hair.
3 comments:
I was remembering someone, perhaps Vicky A giving you a word to study the book of Esther. The writer didn't need to mention the word God, because as a good Jewish girl, she would have been immersed in the Jewish culture, and it was just understood. I wonder if you knew then, that you'd have your own Queen Essy someday! Love you, Mom : )
That's so funny..Esther was also my hero's growing up as well! Only I think I liked and admired her because she was brave of course, but also because she was beautiful. How shallow is that? Looking back though, I probably loved her so much because she was beautiful in spirit as well. At least that's what I'll say to make myself sound better. =)
Hey, a beautiful face STARTS with a beautiful spirit! So in a sence, you were admireing both!
Post a Comment