Saturday, March 10, 2007

Things Change

Some say they don't enjoy change.....others welcome it. I would have to say that I am one of the not-so-keen-on-change persons.
Here is a perfect example. Wednesday was Joey's (youngest) day to unload the dishwasher. This is one of his favorite jobs so he was done FAST! I was helping the older kids finish up their school work and Joe asked if I could come and see that his job was done. Several moments later (poor Joe had to wait a while while Es and Sam finished! This is how my life is though......waiting and patience!) I was praising Joey for a job well done when he exclaimed "Did you see?!? I changed the drawer!" He had re-organized the flatwear drawer!!!!(And was quite proud of himself.) The only thing that he had kept in the same spot were the teaspoons!
Now, for someone else this may have been fun. I can almost hear them (the easily changable person) saying "Joey, how did you know that Mama needed a change? Thanks!" I had to put on a smile and remind myself that......HELLO!!!! this is just sliverwear! I did end up telling him something nice about it (can't remember now what it was) and getting on with my day. It wasn't until it was my turn to unload that it hit me........I need to be more flexable!!! It took me a little longer to put the silverwear away and because of this I sooooo much wanted to change everything back to the familiar. The Holy Spirit reminded me that everything does not have to be my way. I was reminded of the verse: God has made you a new creature, the old has passed the new has come.
So, my silverwear drawer remains.....CHANGED! I can honestly say THANKS JOEY!

5 comments:

Vonny said...

One of the hard things to learn in life is that someone else's idea may be better, and even if it's not, it usually doesn't hurt to try it! Too bad you didn't have a video survailence so you could watch him happily changing the drawer! God is good! : )

Allison McKenney said...

I'm actually impressed...have you ever heard of a child changing the spots of the silverwear? He's creative. He can think outside the box...just wait till he's a little older - it'll be the furniture!

Loved this post!

Katy said...

Allison, don't speak such blasphamy!!!! He can re-arange the furniture in his OWN home......not MINE!

Brigit said...

You mean silverware goes in its own place??? We just dump out our basket in one big drawer.

Katy said...

If that works for you, Brigit.....great! I have a feeling you were beeing sarcastic though. Happy Sunday.